Getting Your Horse HomeInformatin for crossing the United States/Canada border. Complete border crossing and hauling information can be attained from the NAERIC rancher.
1. Hire a commercial hauler - EASIEST
• The rancher can provide assistance in finding a hauler. The transporter and rancher take care of all necessary paperwork.
2.Haul the horse yourself
• Make sure you have all necessary paperwork
• Health papers and negative coggins for the horse (provided by rancher)
• Passport for any travelers
• Horses must cross border where a veterinarian works
• To find a complete list of border crossing locations visit, http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/ and find the state into which you are crossing and click on that state. The rancher can also give you information regarding which border to use.
• Call the border crossing you intend to use and make an appointment with the veterinarian to inspect your horse. Typical work hours are 8-4 pm on weekdays.